Feeling a little chagrined after being attacked by my own dinner, I can’t tell you how surprised and happy I was to see that Justa at justafrugalfoodie had nominated me for the Sunshine award.
Justa, thank you so much for your encouragement and for sharing all of your great ideas and recipes with the rest of us – you are an inspiration. I hope everyone takes some time to stop by your blog for new ideas. I’m a little slow getting this out due to what appears to be an ear infection brewing – omg, do you think there’s a mussel bastard in there? I’ve copied your info on the Sunshine award & hope that somehow I can also figure out how to stick the badge on my sidebar (you think you have trouble figuring these things out!)
About the Sunshine Blog Award
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
Here are some things about me:
- Favorite Color – peach
- Favorite Animal – dogs & cats (I may post a lot about Lola, but I’d be risking my life if I didn’t include Moe the Terrorist Cat, he reads this stuff you know)
- Favorite Number – the more the merrier
- Favorite Drink – root beer float
- Facebook or Twitter – I just got on FB but I don’t know what I’m doing there except making my daughter nervous that I’m going to embarrass her.
- Your Passion – reading (I read a book about every 2-3 days)
- Giving or getting presents – Giving but getting’s not so bad either (hint: Mother’s Day May 13; birthday May 22 = new camera?)
- Favorite Day – every day above 65°
- Favorite Flowers – roses, peach
Before getting to my bloggers who I admire, I have to thank Niki, my most awesome daughter who was the inspiration for doing this blog and who forced me to move everything from ‘draft’ to ‘publish’ by announcing it to her hundreds of Facebook friends.
Thank you Niki, you can take over the kitchen any day. Love you this much.
Now for the bloggers I admire & would like to pass this award on to:
– My first must be to the person who told me what a blog was and got me started, my friend and neighbor, Judy. She is the is the most encouraging & patient person on this planet. I hope you stop by to say hi and see her mixed media artwork at The Key to my Art.
– Malou at Going Dutch was one of my first followers and has some of the most breathtaking photos out there. A very thoughtful writer and charming lady.
– Anastasi, born and raised in Russia has a wonderful blog, While Chasing Kids. Her ethnic recipes are especially inspiring but do ask her about her wonderful neighbor Milton… we should all have Milton’s in our neighborhood.
– I’ve recently found a great site to go the when I need a good laugh. Pithypants cracks me right.
– For another fun site, check out DomesticDiva
– I cannot leave out Lola’s good buddy Bongo. Just look at his face & tell me you don’t love him.
That’s what I have for now. Since I’ve only been doing this for a few months, I’m still exploring so many great blogs. Thank you all for reading.