We still have about 6″ of snow on the ground and there’s only one in this house who is enjoying it.
Perfect day for my absolute favorite lunch – a grilled sandwich of fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil on whole wheat bread. I’m embarrassed to even put this under recipes since there’s really nothing to it but it’s definitely one of my cold day favorites. Easy & quick to put together and doesn’t really need explaining but my steps are:
– Whole wheat bread
– Thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
– Chopped fresh basil (it’s so easy to grow inside & I have pots of basil growing year round)
– Slices of tomato (Beefsteak tomatoes in the summer of course is best, but there’s still some very good tomatoes around this time of year)
– Another layer of sliced mozzarella cheese
– One more layer of fresh basil
Grilled until mozzarella is all melted and bread is golden brown, grab a book, and snuggle up in front of the fireplace.